What’s your niche? What’s your industry? No matter what it is, the experts over at Semrush have definitely researched it in one way or another. They put together a collection of findings for market research and trends through keywords and content.
With the data to back it, they put together actionable tips on how to improve your content marketing strategy, even in niche industries.
- Perform Keyword Research and Gap Analysis – Dominate the super specific keywords out there, first.
- Create Content Based on Related Topics – Take advantage of possible subtopics that your brand could be the expert on.
- Repurpose Existing Content – Do you have a great blog post? Make it into an impactful video, infographic, guide, and social post as well.
- Invest in Niche Industry Publications – When you invest in publication placements, you get seen by industry peers and gain credibility.
- Amplify Your Content with Influencers – Speaking of industry peers, partner with them or who they follow.
- Focus on Customer Insights – Everything should start with this in mind. Use it as your content compass as you go.
- Work with Great Storytellers – The best stories come from sales, operations, designers, a.k.a. the people who work directly with your product or service.
- Keep Your Big Ideas but Drill Down – Start with a centralized content marketing strategy, consider broad topics, and then double down on local trends.
- Be an Educational Resource – The most searchable, rankable content is going to be the content that answers questions or lists solutions.
- Give SMEs the Byline – Thought leadership starts with the leaders of those thoughts. The best content comes directly from the mouth of subject matter experts (SMEs).
Want to see all the stats, graphics, and deets? You’re gonna have to check out the rest of this Semrush content research.