Content Rules Everything Around Me, C.R.E.A.M… We yell that just about every day at our agency.
Another way of saying, “Content is the golden ticket in social media.” And gold it is. It’s what helps build a relationship between your brand and audience. A trust that motivates them to keep coming back to you and your content.
Today’s Listen is short but sweet, starring 11 content creation tactics that will help to save you time and increase your reach on social media. These tips have helped the team at Buffer grow their reach by more than 50% year over year—even with changes to the algorithm.
Safe to say, these pointers will point you in the right direction.
So, if you’re running out of content creation ideas or just plain ready to up your content strategy, have a listen below.
- (02:10) #1 Let social media to help you create blog content and vice versa
- (02:25) “Social media is the perfect testing ground for content ideas”
- (03:15) #2 Curating top content around the web
- (03:40) A few ways the Buffer team likes to curate content
- (04:20) #3 Turn a blog post into a video
- (04:50) How to know which blog posts to turn into a video
- (05:20) Animoto is their fav tool for this
- (05:50) #4 Utilizing user-generated content
- (07:15) #5 Create visuals using data
- (08:00) #6 Partner with another brand – create content together and share on channels
- (09:20) #7 Social swap – simpler tactic than a partnership in which two companies agree to share each other’s content regularly on their respective channels
- (10:00) Find companies that have content that you know will benefit your audience
- (10:30) #8 Take it back to the old days and share or retweet something to your own timeline
- (11:25) #9 Know what to post on each social network. Which networks prefer videos or images? Which prefer links?
- (13:05) #10 Share something more than once – look into your analytics and find most popular posts
- (14:00) #11 Ask yourself, what are people/brands you admire doing?