Based on true stories…
Spooky season is in full swing. And what better way to celebrate than to talk about the things that make marketers wake up in cold sweats and quiver in fear? For the most part, we are strong freaks of nature that can handle tight turnarounds in an always-changing industry. But we can still get the scaries.
Here are the top horrifying things marketers are afraid of:
- Unreasonable Asks: Clients or bosses that ask for the impossible (on tiny tiny budgets).
- The EOD Deadline: It’s so far, yet so close…
- Internet Issues: Please, we are begging for mercy.
- Failed Jokes: You win some, you lose some.
- The Red Pen: Getting your work thrown to the slaughter with copy changes.
- Shifting Directions: “Back to the drawing board” can make anyone scream internally (or out loud).
- Social Media Comments: Did you know the comment section is actually a circle of Hell?
- Missing Data: Messed up data tracking? We hope you’re not afraid of being in the dark.
- The Budget: The scary dollar signs that disappear like ghosts in the night.
- Zero Conversions: A nightmare you wish wasn’t real.
- Grammar: Unless you have a copy editor with mad skills, grammar is terrifying.
- The Witching Hour: Late-night emergencies make us shudder.
What are your biggest fears? Propelrr’s list came with some spooky gifs and examples, so check it out!