Y’all, how’s you’re goal setting coming along? Are you knocking this month outta the park? Or has it taken a hard turn like getting yourself an 8 oz cup of FroYo after swearing this is the year ya take healthy eating serious?
Anyway, our friends at Databox shared 13 tips to help you set, plan, and achieve marketing goals. Let’s dive in…
- Make accountability a priority. Today’s marketing teams are tackling the goal-setting with a balance of top-down and bottom-up. 71% of the 30 interviewed in this article prefer the hybrid the be exact.
- Objectives and Key Results for the win. Intel and Google use OKR method so ya know it’s the real deal. The message here is making sure your marketing goals align with business initiatives.
- Think big. No, think bigger. It’s scary. It’s daunting. It’s.. It’s.. all about accomplishing the most you possibly can!
- Set measurable growth goals. Saying you want to grow your Instagram account isn’t enough. Define it. Instead, set the goal of increasing followers by 50 each month.
- Be smart with measurable goals. To go along with measurable goals it’s not enough to pull a number out of a hat. Turn to historical data to set numerical goals.
- Set goals based on revenue targets. This one is a bit self-explanatory. Understand what you want your revenue to hit this year and work backward to figure out how to get there.
- Be willing to run experiments. Want to discover new channels to bring in revenue? Run tests for a set amount of time with a specific objective to let you know if the new channel is worth its stuff.
5 more tips, folks. You know what you gotta do to get ’em.