We made it, y’all. It’s the final month of 2020 – the home stretch. With Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday behind us, it’s time to channel our marketing focus into the beloved December holidays. For some inspiration, Wordstream is offering 20 super-festive December marketing ideas to try this month. Let’s dive right in.
- Join in on Free Shipping Day. Black Friday is the ultimate testament to the fact that people love discounts and bonuses. People are still hungry for deals leading up to the holidays. December 14 is this year’s Free Shipping Day, so let your visitors know they can continue saving on your products.
- Don’t Forget Hanukkah. While brands push Christmas heavily in December, Hanukkah often takes a back seat. Offer special Hanukkah promotions to those who celebrate, and include Hanukkah decorations in your store or marketing materials.
- Host or Participate in a Toy Drive. A toy drive is a festive way you can give back to your community. Set up a donation bin for customers to drop off toys and offer coupons to donors. Get the word out to encourage other businesses in the community to do the same.
- Create a Gift Guide. Shopping for people – even people you know well – isn’t always easy. Gift guides help guide shoppers toward the right gifts for the right people. Put together your own guide for adults, children, gardeners, woodworkers, accountants, or other categories matching your buyer personas.
- Share 12 Days of Tips or Products. Turtle doves, golden rings, and partridges in pear trees may not be among your offerings, so create content pieces showcasing products and services in this holiday-oriented format.
Keep reading for 15 more December marketing ideas.