How much of your job involves reassuring the boss or the client about content marketing strategies? We get so many, we developed a spidey sense for it. What is content marketing, how does it help my business, does it match my goals?… etc.
We know y’all have been there too. Thankfully, Content Marketing Institute is prepping us on both straight-forward and head-scratcher, commonly asked Qs we may receive.
1. How does marketing without talking about or promoting our product/service help us create leads and sales?
Consumers don’t care about your product or service. Say this loud and clear, marketers, ’cause your boss/co-worker/client needs to get this. Consumers are interested in solving their own problems.
For example, McDonald’s doesn’t sell a hamburger. McDonald’s offers a convenient place to get an affordable meal for the whole family.
2. Why would I want to educate my customers and help my competition?
Be in business for more than making a buck. By coming out as the expert in solving a specific challenge, you position yourself as the go-to brand.
Here at Team Carney, we know potentially competing agencies follow and learn from us. In the end, we have a wildly loyal, tight-knit community of folks who look to us as leaders in the marketing world.
3. How can content marketing help address our target audiences throughout the customer purchase journey?
This is the foundation of content marketing. When content addresses the motivations and needs of your customers, 3 things happen:
- strengthens positive feelings about the brand
- heightens the likelihood of converting
- increases a customer’s lifetime value
4. How much is it going to cost?
Anyone else despise this Q? It’s a reasonable question, but it’s hard to answer. Set expectations early by creating a road map of the content creation process to highlight potential costs.
Four down, 21 to go. If you get bombarded with content Q’s definitely keep this answer guide for reference.