Let’s start this week off by perfecting our landing pages. DigitalMarketer is teaching us four elements that will help improve page conversion performance.
- Your offer should be made up of these four critical points: clarity, scent, relevance, and visualization. Let’s define what these points actually mean.
- Clearly articulate the offer and what’s in it for your target audience.
- Keep all design aspects consistent from start to finish by matching landing page copy and visuals to ads.
- Your offer needs to be relevant to your target audience
- Don’t just rely on copy alone – visualize the product, the features, and most importantly, the benefits.
- The ask or what-to-do-next step. Your lead gen form and CTA should allow your landing page to work for you.
- The length of your form should be consistent with the value of your offer. For example, with a newsletter, ask for an email (and maybe name). If it’s a demo form, ask for more!
- Make the form or CTA highly visible and reiterated on longer landing pages.
- People buy from brands they can trust so make it a point to win that trust. Step one, invest in a professionally designed page. This doesn’t mean expensive. It means functional for user experience.
- If you ask for billing info, share guarantees or utilize security seals.
- Optimize your landing page with authentic customer testimonials.
- Consider implementing a visual hierarchy with message sequencings and visual cues. DigitalMarketer stresses “Elements on a page are meant to articulate a message… However, you can’t just plop them on a page with no plan…”
- Use elements like underline, bullets, and images
- Highlight key info by putting the most important content in the lightest section
- Make sure the page fits a singular theme
- Create your page to function well on all devices
Smash the button to get the full details!