LinkedIn is the place to be for B2B.
If you’re not sold on it or unsure where to direct your energy on the platform, today’s Read will be super helpful. Compiled from the best research by HubSpot, Buzzsumo, and more, these 45 stats have also been broken down into 4 sections: User Stats, Content Marketing Stats, Publisher Stats, and B2B Focused Stats.
We’ve highlighted some extra-important ones below:
- 61 million users are senior level influencers and 40 mil are in decision-making positions.
- Of the 87 million Millennial users, 11 mil are in decision-making positions. And they say we’re ruining everything…
- #1 channel B2B marketers use to distribute content at 94%.
- Of the 500 mil total users, only 3 million share content weekly. But these 3 mil get 9 billion impressions each week. Wild.
- More than 50% of all social traffic to B2B sites comes from LinkedIn.
- 1900 word articles get the most shares, so aim between 1700 and 2100 words.
- You don’t have to be an influencer with a huge following to go viral — of the 10,000 most shared articles of the last 5 years, only 6% were written by influencers.
- 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn vs. 13% on Twitter and 7% on Facebook.
- LinkedIn generates 3x more conversions than Twitter and Facebook.
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn.