We’re all about doing the gritty work for the big win here at Team Carney. When we came across this action-packed read from DigitalMarketer, we had to share with our fam!
Here are 5 tips you can tackle right now to increase your SEO ranking.
1. Structure your content for readability. Content bombards our daily routine. As marketers, it’s our job to make it easy and painless. DigitalMarketer recommends incorporating following to publish reader-friendly material:
- H2, H3, and H4 headers
- Bold and italicize text
- Images, visuals, videos
- Bullet points
2. Regularly check for and fix broken links. 404 pages leave major holes in your credibility to both readers and Google. For a reader, it’s a bad user experience. For Google bots, broken links contribute to a high bounce rate, which puts the content value of your website at risk. Again, regularly check internal and outbound backlinks on your site.
3. Don’t skip out on your meta description. Think of your meta description like an email subject line. It offers a glimpse of what to expect from the content inside. So make it impossible for folks not to click. When writing a meta description aim to show what the reader will learn and plant a seed of curiosity so they’re motivated to find out.
4. Update older content and republish. Bring old posts back to center stage by updating statistics or quotes, adding new information, or refreshing any examples. And that’s all we have to say about this point.
5. Prioritize your content. This means letting your content do its job. We get it – using pop-ups and ads on ads to promote products and services is chocolate cake level of tempting. But we beg you, refrain from overwhelming your reader. Remember, people came to your site to get their own problems answered.
Read on to get examples and further explanations from DigitalMarketer!