We share a lot about what you should be doing on your social channels. Let’s shake things up with 5 things you shouldn’t do:
- Don’t Expect Instant Results. Social media is about relationship-building, which requires sustained effort over time.
- Don’t Take Haters Personally. Address genuine concerns, of course. But when it comes to the trolls, stay focused on your goals and your true audience.
- Don’t Focus on Vanity Metrics. You know what matters more than your follower count? The rate at which your content is resonating with your audience and sparking conversation.
- Don’t Ignore Comments. Social media marketing is a two-way street built on authentic connection between brands and consumers. Jump in.
- Don’t Be Overly Promotional. Forsake the hard sell. People follow brands that provide value to their feed and their lives. Build trust by entertaining, empathizing with, and engaging your audience.
For the full list of 24 Social Media Do’s and Don’ts, visit Angie Gensler’s blog.