TikTok had a banger of a year in 2021. And advertisers noticed. Sprout Social took the plunge earlier this year and reported on their experience with it. They took us step-by-step through their TikToks and their marketing strategy.
Here are their five big takeaways as words of encouragement for anyone waiting to advertise on TikTok:
- There’s always a niche. Regardless of your industry, product, or audience, there is likely a community for it on TikTok. Find it by deep-diving into hashtags, trends, and keywords.
- Look to competitors and peers for inspiration. Like we said, there’s always a niche and someone likely is already capitalizing on that niche.
- There are a lot of variables. You’re going to see some fluctuation. Take note of the variables that differentiate your TikToks that will inspire your next TikTok.
- Take advantage of TikTok’s native features. Using sounds from the TikTok library increase the likelihood of your video being shown in someone’s For You Page. TikTok’s amazing for accessibility features like captioning.
- Don’t sit and wait! Don’t wait to be discovered on TikTok, spread the news and cross-promote on your other social channels. Spread that content love.
Check out Sprout Social’s full post on the type of TikToks they made and for more details on their TikTok marketing journey.