Instagram Stories turned 1 at the beginning of the month and remains one of the best marketing tools for the 15 million business on Instagram. They’re an incredibly effective way to connect with your audience in fresh and memorable ways. Plus, the more you do, the more your li’l bubble is featured right at the top. Exposure, exposure, exposure…
Today’s Read is a fun one that serves up 6 examples of brands making the most out of Insta Stories — all in different ways, but all totally valuable to their specific niche.
- Converse really pushes the “edgy” agenda with copy like, “Peach so nice it will make you puke.” And then, yeah, someone puking. Creative aside, their Insta Story strategy seamlessly connects their content with their Story, the two working in perfect harmony for a stronger campaign.
- Twitter — what does a social media platform do on another social platform? They just put their social media on the other social media… Naturally, each video prompts users to swipe up to learn more, which, of course, brings them to Twitter. Twitter, you sneaky little minx.
- Nordstrom Rack — clothing companies thrive with a little BTS action, showing photoshoots in real time for a more intimate look. Clothes become more tangible and models, engaging with the camera, charm and welcome viewers. Nordstrom Rack takes it a step further with style tips, elevating the brand to one of a trusted, stylish friend.
- Game of Thrones — The 5,000+ plot holes in the show aside…No, ya know what, we can’t ignore it! Where did the Walkers get those chains? How fast can crows even fly??
Good thing their marketing on Instagram Stories is so good…Understanding that their fans eat up GoT merch like Drogon burns soldiers, their Stories link to merchandise with fun, fan-appropriate hashtags like #reptherealm.
- Crossfit’s Stories might not look particularly ~aesthetic~, but they serve an international audience from a single account, all while promoting something as big as a “lifestyle”. They kill it at utilizing their resources, like user-generated content and influencer marketing.
- Taco Bell — ya know, we’re not really sure why this one is “crushing” Stories, besides making interesting phone wallpapers by way of quirky Taco Bell pics? But, we’ll allow it because it’s Taco Bell.