Instagram is killin’ the game right now, but it can be challenging for businesses to grow their following on the platform. It’s something we’re constantly working on. Buffer’s Instagram is a great source for inspiration. They have it figured out. Typical…
Lucky for us, Buffer talks about what they do to grow their Instagram account in today’s Listen. Seriously good tips in this one and we’ve summed them up for you right here:
- Consistency is key. Accounts with the highest number of fans post two to three photos per day.
- Study and stock up on quality hashtags. You can use Hashtag generator to find the good ones. Also, look at influencers in your niche to see what hashtags they’re using!
- Share user-generated content. It’s hard to find photos that are fun or compelling when you’re a business on Instagram, but your fans and users likely have tons of awesome content.
- Ask users to tag a friend or comment on a post. The more comments you can get on a post, the higher that post will be valued by Instagram’s algorithm. Use this tactic sparingly, though.
- Host a photo contest. Use a hashtag to collect photos around a single theme. REI’s #optoutside campaign is a killer example of this.
- Cross-promote. This one is simple. Occasionally share your Instagram photos on your other social platforms. Another tip is to embed your Instagram photos in your blog.