Because we are such visual creatures, video is often the best content to grab the attention of an audience. But just how important is video marketing? Well, Influencer Marketing Hub gave us a whole lotta stats on video marketing in use, how videos are being consumed on social media, and overall video trends. Now 60 stats is a doozy, so we picked out the ones we thought were the most interesting:
- This past year, ere has been an 800% increase in global watch time of ad-supported and purchased feature-length movies.
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year.
- More than 70% of watch time on YouTube comes from mobile devices (and that one is straight from YouTube).
- Psychologists suggest that music can directly influence how viewers respond to your videos.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, but 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with sound.
- Videos under two minutes long generate the most engagement.
- 37% of viewers watch videos to the end.
- 83% of marketers say video helped them generate leads.
Now that we’ve seen the retirement of Twitter’s Fleets and LinkedIn’s Stories, we want to remind everyone of how important your platform is for video marketing. Per day:
- Snapchat users watch over 10 billion videos
- Facebook gets over 8 billion video views
- Twitter receives over 2 billion video views
- Instagram has over 500 million users using Stories
Check out Influencer Marketing Hub’s full list of statistics (and all of their linked sources) by clicking the button below.