It’s Q2 2023 and we’re chatting with bots, posting lo-fi shorts, and migrating to GA4. Here are 7 growing content trends to keep a pulse on this year:
- AI. Google considers AI-generated content designed to manipulate search results spam, however AI assistance in content creation is allowed and on the rise (though it’s unclear just how Google detects AI systems).
- Short Video. YouTube, Instagram, and Meta launched video shorts to compete with TikTok, as brief clips have seen higher engagement, increased reach, and more probability of going viral.
- The Creator Economy. Renewed competition among social platforms has placed a premium on TikTokers, Insta celebrities, and content creators for brand partnerships.
- Podcasting. Listenership has grown by nearly 30% in the last several years, opening up opportunities for brands to partner with influencers and connect with highly engaged niche communities.
- Personal Experience. The consumer demand for authenticity and individual thought leadership has grown, requiring brands and creators to be better storytellers to compete for exposure.
- Data. Prioritizing data-driven content—by leveraging machine learning technology and GA4’s enhanced metrics—will be key in the digital marketing space.
- Ease. Innovations that optimize user experience, like shoppable content, create seamless funnels and lead to higher conversion.
Dig a little deeper at Search Engine Journal.