Did you happen to catch the Carnage where we featured the article, “15 Questions to Ask Yourself about Your Website”? Maybe you thought to yourself, “dang, maybe it’s time for a revamp.”
For all those inspired for a site redesign, we’re serving up the perfect podcast to make sure you cover all your bases. Not gonna lie, it’s only 4 minutes long, so it’s all right below. Why? Because we freakin’ love you.
- (00:34) #1: Make sure your website is designed with a strong SEO foundation. You really, really don’t want go back and fix issues, like redoing your URL structure. Devs don’t want to work on that.
- (01:01) For WordPress, build your SEO first by installing YOAST.
- (01:12) #2: Keep track of your existing URLs in a checklist, and avoid changing them.
- (01:25) #3: Don’ forget about your site speed. You can use tools like GTMetrix or Pingdom to find out what your site speed is.
- (01:41) #4: Make sure your website is optimized for mobile since a larger percentage of website visitors are mobile users.
- (01:50) Use Google AMP framework to help ensure your mobile users have an extremely fast and pleasant experience.
- (01:59) #5: Don’t forget about your pixels, like the Google Analytics pixels and Facebook pixels.
- (02:20) #6: Figure out where you want the copy for your content to go before you redesign.
- (02:35) #7: Use Browseo to check your website’s resolution in different platforms and on different devices.
- (03:02) Don’t forget to think about how responsive your website is.