Advertising Week New York concluded last week, so here are 7 takeaways re: influencer marketing from Marketing Brew’s Katie Hicks:
- Go after high-quality influencers, pay them accordingly, and trust them to do their thing.
- Define and share your objectives, like do you want an influencer to flash the product in the first few seconds or not?
- Don’t ruin relationships by trying to control the script. Content is more likely to perform well if it’s on-brand for the creator.
- Jump in on collaborations with creators that feel organic and inuitive.
- Read the comments! And pivot based on sentiment.
- Don’t perpetuate inequities in influencer representation. Diversify your partnerships.
- Forge partnerships with perfect-fit creators before they launch their own ventures and end up competing with you.
Read the rest at Marketing Brew.