We went to digital marketing school this morning and it only took 5 minutes to extract 7 techniques to keep blog readers engaged.
Here ya go:
- Your post must be written in a conversational tone use the words “You” and “I”.
- Bucket Brigades are the technique of breaking up paragraphs up into 1-3 sentences. Makers it easier for mobile readers.
- Subheadings make your content more skimmable.
- Use great engaging images.
- Most readers scroll to the bottom of your post first so make sure there is a conclusion that summarizes what the post is about.
- Publish different types of content to add value. (Videos, Podcasts, Infographics, Etc.)
- End your blog post with a question. Readers are more likely to engage with your content.
Check out the Marketing School podcast with Neil Patel and Eric Siu. They provide actionable advice every day in 10 minutes or less.