Whether or not you’re the PR point person for a brand, you may find yourself with the task of writing a press release. If you’re new to the genre, don’t worry.
The press release follows a simple formula:
- Add your contact information to the header.
- If your announcement can be published upon receipt, add “For Immediate Release” to the top. If it should be held until a date and time, specify that with an embargo.
- Summarize your news with a concise title and an italicized subheading that adds more context.
- Open with a precise lede (who, what, where, when, and why).
- Provide two to three paragraphs of context, and include quotes from stakeholders.
- Share relevant facts and/or figures in bullets.
- Include your company boilerplate description and logo at the bottom.
- End your press release with three pound symbols (###). It’s tradition!
Check out HubSpots guide and templates to draft your press release.