Are you ready for 2023 already? Good for all those who can say “yes” to that. For everyone else, don’t sweat! Here are some starting points:
- Review Where You’ve Been. Let’s start from the top and review your old plans before you make new ones. Did you reach previous goals? What tactics did you try this year? What worked? What didn’t work? What resources would help the most?
- Set New Goals. Now that you know your older goals, reflect on changes. Set one or two primary goals and a few secondary goals.
- Conduct an Audit. Audit the marketing elements and assets you have and see if you need to update or add new items. Do you have all essential digital and print marketing materials (such as brochures, web pages, business cards, signage, etc.)? Do you have profiles and accounts on all relevant marketing channels? Do you have the right system for collecting customer data?
- Conduct Market Research. You have to know what others in your industry are doing with their marketing, too. Who are your competitors? What are they doing well? What are they not doing well?
- Assign KPIs to Goals. Make your goals crystal clear. Add key performance indicators (KPIs) to all of your goals so you can measure your performance, divide, and conquer.
- Set a Budget. Your marketing research should help reveal how much others in your industry are spending. Consider what budget you will need to reach assigned KPIs.
- Choose Strategies & Set a Schedule. Choose the type of marketing strategies you believe will help you reach your goals, and begin to lay them out on a calendar. Set dates for campaigns and set up campaigns to try and test.
- Develop a Plan to Measure Your Success. You will need to be able to look back and assess your efforts. Set dates and deadlines to check in and review your work. Share report data with key stakeholders as you go.
Check out the full My Area Network blog post to get more details for each step.