VP of Marketing at Sparktoro and Adweek Contributor Amanda Natividad shared some unconventional marketing tactics on X:
- Add friction. Duncan Hines’ boxed cake didn’t always require eggs, but once the brand added a little extra work that made people feel like they achieved something, sales soared.
- White-glove service. It’s not scalable to give every new customer personal attention and connection. But in the early days, it can make all the difference.
- Give it away for free. Offering something of value for free, like a real resource, helps people trust and recommend you.
- Master one channel at a time. If you don’t have the resources to do everything well, do one thing excellently.
- Go niche. Get better ROI from a small channel like a niche newsletter.
- Go easy on em. Remind customers of recurring charges, and don’t pull tricks that frustrate them.
- Delete, delete, delete. Remove disengaged subscribers from your email list.
- Freely promote others. It makes you look trustworthy, and it could lead to cool collabs.
The full thread is on X.