Did you know the average email CTR is about 2.5%? Not bad! But some brands are more than doubling this figure, and Sleeknote has some awesome tips so you can do the same.
- Start By Setting a Clear Goal With Each Email Your goal might be letting subscribers know of a flash sale or a new product launch. Knowing your goal will allow you to more easily communicate with a purpose.
- Use Segmentation to Send Hyper-Relevant Content It’s time to ditch “spray and pray” if that’s your approach. This can be as simple as including the subscriber’s name in the message. Keep in mind that segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of revenue for eCommerce brands.
- Use Strong Visuals A picture is worth a thousand words. A great image in your email will grab more attention.
- Eliminate Distractions Clutter won’t do your CTR any favors. Less is more, so let your CTA’s be concise and easy to find.
- Design Your Emails for Scanners 79% of people scan content, and scanning is more prevalent for emails than for websites. Break your email into smaller pieces to digest. Give each piece a headline and keep the most important pieces toward the top.
- Use Buttons For Primary CTAs (And Text Links for Secondary CTAs) People love to push buttons. Use them to draw subscribers to your primary CTA. Don’t overwhelm them with buttons, so stick with text links for other CTAs.
- Create a Sense of Urgency Give people a reason to act soon. A limited time offer or a sale deadline is more enticing to subscribers.
- Practice Email Scrubbing Unengaged users do you no good. Scrub your list about every six months. This can save you money since you’ll raise your conversion rate and you’ll be sending fewer emails.
Did this whet your appetite for a higher CTR? Check out the nitty-gritty details and some great examples.