Since the current demand for remote work is so high right now, here are some tips from Acadium for best practices when it comes to managing your team.
- Respect office hours. Lines can get blurred when working from home. Make sure your team knows that work hours still apply so they can easily unplug when the workday is over.
- Meet face-to-face. Nothing beats talking face-to-face. Use your preferred video-calling tool instead of phone calls to keep everyone connected.
- Give them room to breathe. Don’t micromanage. You hired your team to get the job done, so let them do just that. If something isn’t working, then address it. But trust them to do what they’re there to do.
- Don’t overlook onboarding. If you have new hires starting remote for now or if it’s how your business has always been set up, have an onboarding plan. Company culture is easier to maintain in-person, be diligent about preserving company culture and expectations digitally.
- Invest in the right tools. Find out what your needs will be and utilize tools that will meet those needs. It might be a project management system or a video calling platform. Good tools will help your team and make your clients happy.
- Build relationships. It’s all too easy to just talk business with your team. It’s just as important to get to know them better for who they are. Find commonalities you might have; you don’t need to become best friends, but it will help you to understand each other.
- Acknowledge accomplishment. Give praise to team members who have gone above and beyond. It’s a great morale-boost and encourages others to strive toward these wins.
Get more insightful tips to rally the troops while working with a remote team!