Google’s Search Generative Experience (SGE) is still in development but poised to radically change the future of search.
Google is killing the 10 blue links in favor of synthesizing hyper-relevant and accurate information generated by AI in a conversational tone.
Here’s what users who enable SGE in Search Labs can expect:
- A colorful, multimedia box at the top of your search results.
- A more personalized, AI-generated response to your query with the potential for in-line links.
- Three relevant article links with publication dates to the right.
- The option to ask a follow-up question or select from additional queries at the bottom.
- Below the summarization, four sponsored links are displayed with featured snippets, if applicable.
- After sponsored links, the four-question dropdown menu for “People Also Ask” appears.
- Finally, organic search results are displayed.
Clearly, conversational search will have dramatic implications for marketers and SEOs. Check out The Verge’s update for more info.