Transcripts are coming to Apple’s Podcasts app. Here’s what you should know:
- Read the full text of an episode.
- Search an episode and skip to an exact word or phrase.
- Follow along as each spoken word is highlighted.
- A transcript will be generated automatically shortly after episode publication.
- Podcasters may still provide their own transcripts, or download, edit, and re-upload automatically generated transcripts.
- Apple will not update segments that have been changed with dynamically inserted audio after the original transcription is complete.
- Music lyrics will not be included in transcripts.
- Transcripts for backlog episodes will be added over time.
Check out Apple’s announcement for more on this major win for accessibility (and searchability).