Is there anything sexier than a well-designed blog? Probably. Whatevs. We still love a great looking and performing blog. But, there’s more to a blog design than just looks.
Today’s Read comes from Sasha Laferte at Curata. They decided that their blog looked like it was designed in the 90’s. So they completely overhauled it. With the new design, they also wanted to reduce their bounce rate, increase page speed, and have something that reflected their brand.
Here are (most of) the steps they took to redesign the blog:
- Start with defining your blog. What’s the point of it? What’s the personality you want it to have?
- Find a design agency. Sometimes you just gotta ask the experts.
- Optimize for Mobile Experience. Mobile is, like, so in right now.
- Promote your new launch! Man, promotion is so important. If you build it, they won’t come (without an incentive).
- Analyze. Curata was able to decrease their loading time and increase traffic, page-views, and pages per session. Plus a bunch of other important metrics.
We think they did a bang up job with the redesign (seriously, that scrolling-bar-thing at the top is freakin’ cool).
Read this one for the full breakdown.