Captioned videos on Facebook should go together like PB&J. Why? Well, we’re gonna tell ya.
What do you do when the majority of a video is viewed without sound but needs sound to be understood? Captions, my friend, and here’s how to do it.
- Begin creating an ad in Ads Manager by clicking Create.
- Choose an objective and then click Continue.
- Choose your targeting, placements, budget and then click Continue.
- In the Formats section, choose Single Video or Slideshow.
- Click Upload Video / Upload Slideshow or Browse Library to find a video for your ad.
- In the Video Captions section, choose to Upload Your Own or Generate Automatically.
- If you upload your own, a window will appear. Click Select file and find the .srt file you wish to upload.
- If you choose to generate automatically, a Review Your Captions window will appear. Hover over the caption to edit or delete the caption. You can correct grammatical and spelling errors or manage length of time.
- After you select the file, click Save. Your captions upload to the video or slideshow.