Sh*t’s broken in content marketing. Sure, there are a lot of good things happening with content but there are also a lot of bad, broken things that aren’t working.
Hold on, it gets better! Today’s Listen is going to teach you how to fix the things that are broken. In this podcast, Jess Ostroff, from Convince & Convert interviews 6 content marketing experts to get their take on what’s wrong and how to fix it.
We’ve got all of Jess’s guests time stamped so you can skip right to your favorites:
- (2:22) Lee Odin — So many brands continue to be egocentric about their content. It’s not about you!
- (5:00) Ann Handley — Think of your audiences as having “squad goals”. Stop thinking of the relationship between you and your customers as transactional. It should be person to person; friend to friend.
- (7:41) DJ Waldow — People are too overwhelmed with content. Marketers have too many ideas and are starting too many things, but never really finishing anything. Instead of starting 10,000 new things every week, finish the ones that are difficult, but have potential to be great.
- (12:35) Andy Crestodina — Collaborate with other companies and other teams more! Get out of your own space and find other people to pull into your content. The success of your content is a direct result of how strong your network is. (That’s a really powerful idea.)
- (15:45) Matt Heinz — Attribution is an issue. People aren’t good at measuring the impact of their content.
- (19:55) Jay Baer — Stop lying to yourself. Your audience isn’t too busy to read your content, your content just isn’t good enough to deserve their attention.