We talk a lot about what kind of content to create, how to create it, and so on. Though, the job doesn’t end with a beautiful, value-packed piece of content. You have to tell people about it too.
Orbit Media broke down the process into 3 phases: Pre-publishing, launch-day, and post-launch promotion. Let’s dive in!
- This first phase is about preparing your article to gain the best traction. Before going live, you’ll want to make sure you have these boxes checked off:
- Ask a related question on social media. Build a conversation around the content topic to peak interest. Then keep tabs on those who did engage so you can connect again when the piece goes live.
Tip: Ask easily answerable, multiple-choice Qs for low engaged audiences, and deeper, open-ended convo starters for highly-engaged audiences.
- Include quotes from experts and influencers. By adding mentions to your content, you’ll have the opportunity to give shout-outs on social.
- There are countless, creative strategies to dive into on launch day. Organic social post aside, here are two strategies from the many listed:
- Add the link to a chatbot flow. Ready for a pro-tip? For all those folks who don’t fit as a potential customer, keep them engaged by giving them relevant content.
- Add a link to your 404-page or a Thank You page. Make these pages opportunities, not dead-ends.
- When it comes to evergreen content, continue promotion for 6 to 12 months after publishing to solidify your post-launch strategy by…
- Scheduling 8-10 future social posts. For example, if the article is relevant to a holiday, schedule posts for that day.
- Post an excerpt of your article on LinkedIn Pulse or Google My Business. After organic traction slows down, make it visible to a new audience through different platforms, and add a CTA that leads to the original piece on your site.
Click through to check out several more tips to add to your promotion strategy!