Last week, Apple held its 2022 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC22). While it had a lot of really cool product and software announcements, it also had some updates that marketers should have on their radar. Here are some highlights we think marketers need to know:
- Consumer privacy protection: Apple offered an overview of the company’s “privacy pillars” that seek to minimize the data that apps need to function and to offer greater transparency into how apps use data. New features will help ad networks and advertisers measure performance while still promising to preserve privacy.
- SKAdNetwork updates: The next version of Apple’s attribution solution, SKAdNetwork, is here. You can collect multiple event data continuously and understand hierarchal conversion values better.
- Ad breaks in SharePlay: There are updates on how customers will see ad breaks when streaming in SharePlay, the co-viewing feature in its FaceTime video calling platform that is coming to iMessage with iOS 16.
- App Store Connect: For all the app developers out there, there are new performance benchmarks!
- Using your iPhone as a webcam: Native webcams on Macs are not nearly as impressive as phone cameras nowadays. This isn’t exactly marketing related, but it is for everyone working remotely that is looking for better video quality.
Get the other product and feature updates directly from Apple’s recap.