We got news! Big news! And small news! Facebook has made a bunch of updates to its ads and the way you manage them. All of the updates will likely mean that you’re going to be getting more for less with your money! Prices have never been better! Sorry, that sounds a cheesy furniture ad, but it’s true.
Today’s Listen has the full scoop. We’re not gonna waste your time with a long intro. Let’s just dive right in.
One quick note: this podcast counts backward so our timestamps are in reverse today.
- (24:44) The best way to stay up to date on Facebook ad updates is to get news directly from the source. Go to Facebook’s Business News page periodically and check for updates.
- (23:40) There’s a new feature inside Website Conversions. It’s called “Value.” When you use that optimization strategy, Facebook’s algorithm will only show your ads to people who are most likely to be interested in your product/service. Apparently, Facebook takes this a step further than the targeting you can do yourself. Early tests show this feature being really effective.
- (17:18) You can now run ads inside Instagram stories! They can be videos or images. These ads are getting really high engagement at the moment.
- (13:31) Stories already have your audience’s attention, if you create an engaging ad, it’s super easy to get better engagement than you would see on Instagram.
- (11:20) On September 26th, Facebook announced that Facebook Messenger ads are going to be easier to create. Facebook has made “Messages” an objective at the campaign level.
- (6:45) Facebook is merging Ads Manager and Power Editor, but what does that really mean? Facebook is taking the best of both platforms and combining it into one. That’ll make it easier and more efficient to run ads.