Capture first-party data at your branded events and experiential activations to ensure that your customer interactions aren’t simply one-and-done. Here’s how:
- Build in data collection. Ask people to register, thank them for attending, and offer to stay in touch — through an app download, a newsletter subscription, etc. Consider interactive event features, too, like a photo booth that prompts attendees to provide their email addresses for photos.
- Soft sell. No matter how you collect data through your event, avoid a disruptive, sales-y experience for your attendees. Engaging installations and QR codes leading to interactive digital experiences and sweepstakes are more effective.
- Offer genuine value. One-time incentives won’t work toward cultivating a relationship with a contact. They’ll likely cash in and drop off.
- Don’t blast. As always, personalized strategic messaging will nurture your lead list far more than generic email blasts after your event.
- Be transparent. Make sure attendees understand how their info will be used (or shared) and that their participation is not mandatory.
To find out more, visit Marketing Brew.