So, you’ve been on the content grind for a minute now, because every blog article and podcast said that’s what you need to be doing. The thing you’re not seeing, though, is Sales.
You knew it was going to be longtail but not this long…
Today’s listen is a good one, but a bit lengthy so here are the highlights, takeaways, and quick wins:
- If you’re just producing content without selling, you’re not doing content marketing.
- Connect your content to your products if you want to make sales.
- If your business can’t run without you, sustaining it relies on your limited time and energy—which means you’re headed toward burnout.
- Use writing to bridge the gap between each stage of the Buyer’s Journey.
- If people don’t know you, you need to create content that promotes awareness.
- If you already have tons of people who know, like, and trust you (but haven’t bought), create content focused on closing the sale.
- You have to answer the questions people are asking or your content won’t be relevant to your audience.
- Slowing down content production might help you get your money right and focus on the right things.
- Tell the story of where someone wants to be, and position your product or service as the thing to get them there.