Google recently released a guide to understanding the role of artificial intelligence in optimizing Responsive Search Ads. Here are the key takeaways:
- More assets is better. Use tools like asset suggestion, recommendations, and automatic assets to provide as many headlines and descriptions as possible. This way, Google can test and deliver the most relevant combinations.
- Use Ad Strength. Ad Strength can help you optimize your ads before they are served. Aim to have at least one responsive search ad with a Good or Excellent rating per ad group.
- Measure the right metrics. Evaluate performance according to your business outcomes—remember that conversions matter more than just clicks.
- Focus on high impact areas. Make the most of your time by using asset performance ratings and ad variations to improve ads after they’ve collected enough data.
- Use Smart Bidding and broad match. When used with responsive search ads, these AI tools can help show the right message to the right audience at the right time.
Check out the complete guide at Google.