The Search Generative Experience (SGE) is an ambitious initiative by Google to provide AI-generated experiences and personalized, conversational answers to user queries—effectively transforming the way we interact with search results.
Based on our experience with SGE so far, here’s what marketers can expect:
- Users will spend more time on the search result pages.
- There will be less website traffic from informational queries.
- Action-based queries will drive higher quality traffic to websites.
- Impact will vary by vertical.
So, how can marketers prepare and refine SEO strategies to align with this new environment?
- Establish and build trust through an emphasis on real human experiences (E-E-A-T).
- Create hyper-personalized content to match user intent and behavior.
- Optimize for AI-generated answers, which will appear above other search results.
- Align your brand with individual expertise.
Read the Carney blog to get actionable next steps.