Off-site SEO can be some powerful stuff to continue giving you brand awareness outside of your own website or SEM. A great way to give your off-site SEO a boost is with reviews and testimonials that aren’t hosted on your website.
Here are five ways marketers can leverage SEO from reviews:
- Off-site should be a priority: Your off-site SEO helps your relevancy, authority, and trustworthiness. Yet, brands still push it to the wayside and spin their wheels focusing on on-site SEO. Make more effort to expand your online presence with third-party review sites (and Google reviews, of course).
- Don’t neglect referral traffic: Creating complete brand profiles on third-party sites can also lead to a spike in referral traffic. Research the top results for third-party review sites and take advtange of that channel opportunity.
- Display reviews on your website: Okay, we just got done saying that brands are spending a lot of time on their on-site SEO. BUT if you don’t already have a place on your website to show off some testimonials, now is the time to change that. Show off your good side!
- Pay attention to star ratings: While individual reviews that are rich with keywords and search terms are great for the long game, star ratings are often the first impression that matter most.
- Make use of long-tail search queries: Detailed reviews are a great opportunity to rank for niche keywords and phrases. Leverage those long-tail keywords that get less search traffic but often have a higher conversion value as they are more specific.
Check out the full post by Search Engine Land for more SEO tips and real examples of how it’s done.