As COVID cases begin to peak and leaders talk about reopening the economy, the question has to be asked, “How do we handle marketing as businesses reopen?” We’re looking to Convince and Convert today for the best ways to communicate with customers and win their trust. Let’s get started.
- Be open with your communication in the most direct way possible. Use your website, your blog, and social platforms to keep communication direct and consistent. In a survey by the American Association of Advertising Agencies,
- 56% of consumers are happy to hear how brands are helping out communities in response to COVID.
- 43% of consumers find it reassuring to hear from brands they know and trust during these uncertain times.
- 40% want to hear how brands are responding to the COVID-19 outbreak, such as with cleaning procedures.
- Don’t pretend everything is normal. Things aren’t normal and pretending otherwise seems out of touch. Be clear in addressing the issue or any changes to your business head-on.
- Don’t market the same as before. Focus your message on the goodness of people. Look within your community, your city, and fellow aligned businesses to show your support. Take the new Budweiser commercial that supports of the heroes at the front line of the health crisis.
- Be cautious when using humor. It’s necessary to keep in mind that many have love ones that are sick or at risk while others have worries of providing for their families. Spread lighthearted, hopeful messages.
Convince and Convert said it best, “People will always remember how you make them feel and giving hope in times of crisis is a great way to create positive energy.”