Buffer’s Charu Mitra Dubey grew her LinkedIn account to over 42k followers with these fundamental tips:
- Create a basic audience persona like you would for your brand. What are your targets’ industries, job titles, pain points, and interests?
- Follow the 80-20 rule. Most of your content should be niche-specific, illuminating your area of expertise, while the remainder can be generic and engaging to a broader audience.
- Be an early adopter of new LinkedIn features to increase your visibility and engagement.
- Collect insights and inspiration in one place, manually or digitally, to reference later.
- Study what works for other successful creators. What content structures, tones, engagement strategies, and headlines seem to get consistent attention?
- Interact with people. Turn on post notifications, slide into DMs, leave genuine comments, and show real interest.
Read more on her strategy at Buffer.