Startups that land on the front page of Product Hunt can expect 2k to 10k unique visitors on launch day. Here’s how to get started:
- Set a real conversion goal that isn’t simply upvotes. For most SaaS, service, and ecommerce startups, this would be capturing emails.
- Gain a small following first. Product Hunt amplifies existing momentum, so shoot for 400 users before launch.
- Leverage Product Hunt users. The algorithm privileges existing Product Hunt users, so sincerely ask any in your following for help, and make new connections with established users.
- Get hunted! This just means getting your product posted by a superuser (or yourself).
- Time your emails. The frequency and volume of your upvotes matters, so time your comms across channels accordingly.
- Choose your launch time. Tuesday to Thursday just after midnight (PST) is the sweet spot.
- Optimize your post. Fine tune your product description, images, and other assets to best practices.
- Write your maker comment. Write a helpful and humble Maker’s Comment that will appear below your product gallery.
Peruse the playbook by Demand Curve for more.