Snap back to reality (oh there goes gravity). …Eminem again, really?… The long weekend is over. Let’s dive right into the Listen to distract you from the reality that you’re back at work.
The podcast we’re serving up today is the perfect mix of inspirational and actionable. That’s the mix we love most.
It’s an interview with the blog manager at a li’l ol’ blog called Kissmetrics. They publish some of the best marketing blog posts out there, and a chance to peek behind their curtain of genius is just what we need.
- (4:16) Posts from guest authors are a great way to get exceptional content, expand your reach, and create more content without your team having to write it. But, you have to be very strict about the content you’re willing to accept.
- (8:57) How does Kissmetrics measure when a blog post is performing well? They basically look at one metric: conversion rate. Shares and likes don’t matter to them — only how many conversions they get.
- (11:50) The standards that Kissmetrics expects from their blogs. One thing most people miss — quality images. Not stock images.
- (15:11) Kissmetrics avoids listicles and focuses more on actionable blog posts because readers want step-by-step instructions rather than a vague idea.
- (22:50) One of their best pieces of content shows how Kissmetrics can enhance Google Analytics. That’s a good tip for anyone reading this, blogs about how your product can make an already popular product even better, is an overlooked topic.
And for your reading pleasure, the full transcript is right here.