Sprout Social Index found 91% of a brand’s social media followers will visit the brand’s website or application, 89% will buy from the brand, and 85% will recommend the brand to family and friends. When there are percentages like that… oh, hello opportunity!
This is why Sprout Social is talking to us today about how to master social media for retail and win more customers.
Social media captures people at different stages of the customer journey. Therefore, it’s important we create a compelling customer journey at every touchpoint.
- Adopt an omnichannel social presence. Instagram is an excellent platform for retailers, but don’t stop there. Run paid ads on Facebook and crosspost on Twitter where it makes sense.
- Gather feedback from your social customers. Sell your brand beyond your products. Of course, your followers love seeing deals but throw in question-based content as well. Ask customers what they like or don’t like, and deliver.
- Dedicate time to providing customer service on social. The way you respond to customers says a lot about your brand. Let customer service be a part of your social strategy. Personalize your replies in a timely manner.
- Look out for trends to influence your product and content strategies.
- See what others in your space are doing well. Then brainstorm ways to make it more relevant to your audience.
- Discover which hashtags are trending and how they may align with your brand or offerings.
- Cut through the crowd and listen to what’s happening on social media to keep your content relevant.
- Don’t forget your physical packaging. A customer’s purchase is one victory with the potential for more. Drive them back to your social channels so they may keep up with your offerings. Ship your products with a business card or a thank you note with your handles included.
Read on for the rest of Sprout Social’s strategies.