It’s more important than ever to ensure that your own or your client’s brick and mortar store has an online presence. It’s crucial if they wish to scale their business.
We’re looking to Flywheel about why WooCommerce is such a valuable eCommerce platform that deserves your attention.
Firstly, it’s a WordPress plugin that already powers 28% of eCommerce sites. It’s free, customizable, and offers fantastic support. The only costs you’ll encounter are those required to get a WordPress site up and running (since WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin). And WooCommerce is open-source like WordPress, so there’s no limit to your customization!
Did we convince you yet, cause we moving on with the How-Tos:
- Step 1 for any eCommerce site is to get set up with a domain (check out Hover) and host, such as Flywheel to take care of site security, speed, and be your support.
- Step 2 is to pick a theme that matches your existing brand. WordPress has a bunch of options, but you’ll want to keep an eye out for themes that are compatible with WooCommerce. When in doubt, check the WooCommerce Storefront.
- Step 3 is to install the WooCommerce plugin and run through the setup wizard. In this step, you’ll pick your payment processor.
Pro-tip: When it’s all set up, take one last look using WooCommerce settings through wp-admin
- Step 4 is to add products! It’s recommended that you create product categories to keep organized. Do this by going to Products > Categories in your dashboard. Give the category a name, a slug for the URL, and an image if necessary.
- Step five is to launch your new eCommerce site. Woohoo!
We were only able to cover the high-level direction. Click through for further detail, visuals, and more tips to make an online shop stand out from the rest.