Generating leads requires a whole lotta finesse and a whole lotta time. In fact, about 65% of businesses say generating traffic and leads is their top marketing strife. We here ya…
Not to mention that many people aren’t using the platform with the highest-quality leads effectively. Yeah, we’re talking about you, LinkedIn. You elusive temptress, you.
Did you know that more than 80% of B2B leads sourced from social media come from LinkedIn? Problem is, most people are spending too much time on the process, without seeing that mmm mmm good ROI. Neil Patel over at Quicksprout is the man with plan, showing us how to generate leads on LinkedIn without wasting your time.
Here are just a few key points from today’s Read:
- Follow up with old leads before targeting new ones. 80% of sales need five follow-ups, but 44% of people give up after one. Wait about 3 days and then follow-up! Check in several times. Hey, it can even be automated. Businesses who use marketing automation experience a 451% increase in qualified leads.
- Put lead generation on autopilot with content marketing. Demonstrate your expertise to potential customers by publishing content on LinkedIn Pulse! (You can also republish posts from your biz blog.) Do it. One of LinkedIn’s most powerful features is its publishing platform. Here’s some dynamite advice:
- always leave a call to action and a link at the end of each article
- publish actionable content readers can implement to experience a quick win
- only create content that will serve your ideal prospect
- promote your LinkedIn articles on other platforms
- publish evergreen articles
- Stop harvesting cold leads. This is a 5-step process that Neil goes into a lot of detail about that we simply can’t squeeze into here.
- Join groups where your ideal prospects hang out. Consider the group size, level of engagement, and group rules, so you can get the most out of LinkedIn groups. How do you find them? Neil maps it out for you.
We only scratched the tip of the iceberg on this one.