Since our bodies are here at work, but our brains are saying “no,” we’re gonna ease back into marketing with an easy SEO checklist.
SEO might not be your favorite topic, but it’s Rand Fishkin’s favorite topic. He’s simplifying SEO in 2018 for all of us today with a nice little checklist. Thanks, Rand!
Here’s what you need to do to rank in 2018…
- Crawlable, accessible URL whose content Google can easily crawl and parse. You need Google to clearly understand what’s happening on your website. That means short URL’s and no strange content formats.
- Keyword Research. If you’re still guessing at what types of content your audience wants to read, make it your New Year’s Resolution to do Keyword Research.
- Investigate the Search Engine Results Page to figure out what ranks for your keywords and why. Do a search for one of your keywords. If you don’t rank number 1, why not?
- Have the most credible, amplifiable person or team available create content that’s going to serve the searcher’s goal and solve their task better than anyone else on page one. Think of influencer marketing here. It’s actually great for SEO.
- Craft a compelling title and meta description. Yes, these still matter a ton in 2018.
- Intelligently employ those primary, secondary, and related keywords. It’s not all about one keyword anymore. It’s about that keyword and all of its related words.
- Optimize the page to load fast, as fast as possible and look great.
Today’s Listen is technically a video, but since Moz loves us as much as we love them, they also included a SoundCloud version for those who just wanna listen.