Google My Business is one heck of a resource. It ensures an online presence, improves local SEO, keeps customers connected, and boosts credibility. It’s also the topic of discussion today and we’re getting the goods from Hootsuite!
The very first step is creating an account using your business email domain. Hootsuite has our back with step-by-step instruction. Plus, the article goes into how to get verified, claim an existing business profile, and edit info.
But we’re jumping straight into the strategy part, aka the fun stuff!
1. Fill up your profile with contact details, categories, attributes, and more relevant info. The more you share on GMB, the easier it is for Google to match your biz to customer searches. Oh, and don’t forget to utilize keywords to improve relevance.
2. Images on GMB is more powerful than you think. Google reported businesses with photos receive 42% more direction requests and 35% more click-throughs.
A logo and cover photo can help people recognize your brand online. Whereas, photos of your location, products, or handiwork offers insight into your biz.
3. Post news, updates, events, and special offers to keep customers informed. Like any content strategy, it’s important to clarify your goals first before aimlessly posting.
Pro Tip: Google says people engage more with posts that have photos, videos, or GIFs.
4. Choose up to 10 categories for your business and get access to special features. For example, eateries can upload menus, service businesses can add a booking button, shops can share wheelchair accessibility and more.
5. Encourage customers to leave reviews to gain higher ground over competitors. Regardless of online or brick and mortar, if you offer a great experience ask for the review. Do so by getting creative with e-receipts, stickers, social posts, or create a custom short link. After all, people trust people.
You know what to do to get more insight!