If you’re not using LinkedIn’s Competitor Analytics Dashboard to identify growth opportunities for your company pages, you’re missing out. Here’s how to get started:
- Choose Competitors to Follow. Add your list of up to 9 relevant competitor businesses—at your level or beyond—to the dashboard.
- Compare Audience Size and Growth Rate. Use follower metrics to quickly identify which competitor is growing fastest and where you fit in the mix.
- Reverse-Engineer Page Growth. Do some digging to discover the driver behind a page’s growth by visiting the company page, scrolling its top-ranked posts, viewing its ads, and browsing its associated thought leaders.
- Check Competitor Highlights. This panel shows two metrics: total posts and engagement rate, giving you a percentage for how you compared to competition.
- Compare Organic Content Metrics. See how your company page compares to others in terms of reactions, comments, and reposts across time periods.
- Review Competitor Content. Take note of the content on a competitor’s page, such as the type, post format, and call to action on their top posts. Read the comments for customer sentiment and company responses.
- Chart Competitor Analytics Over Time. Export data from the dashboard to track and report on growth over an extended period of time.
For an in-depth guide to analyzing your competitors on LinkedIn, visit Social Media Examiner.