Blogging isn’t diminishing in popularity. In fact, websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages and 97% more inbound links. Wowza!
And for good reasons too. For one, blogging gives you the chance to rank higher in Google Search Engine results, which boosts your credibility. Luckily for you, DirectLync has a few steps to up your blogging endeavors.
- Research is the most critical part of your blog. Be able to answer the questions your audience is asking. A good start is to check out Reddit and search for your industry to see what pertinent discussions people are having.
- Determine your keywords. Use Google’s Keyword Planner to search words/phrases related to your products or offerings. This will give you an idea of what people are searching for.
- Create an outline. It can be intimidating at first to write an entire blog. Break it down to organize your general ideas and sections. Use headline tags for format planning (H1 – Page Title, Large; H2 – new sections within the article, medium; H3 – sub-points, small).
- Fill in the gaps! You have your outline, now convey your points in full sentences. Use research to back your points and build credibility. Pew Research is a great source for this. Lastly, the optimal length of your blog post will generally fall in the 2,250 to 2,500-word range.
- Include add-ins like images, CTA’s, and comment sections to break up the content. Make it visually appealing while creating interactive elements by means of sharing and discussion!
- Touch up that content. Use Grammarly to eliminate errors and improve your writing. Be sure you’ve hit all critical points and add backlinks to ensure that Google recognizes your reliability.
Last, but equally important is promotion. Head over to Directlync to see how they suggest moving forward once your content piece is totally finished.