When is the last time you saw a magician perform some magic tricks? Whether or not you were blown away, you likely knew there was some sleight of hand involved – something working in the background to bring the trick together.
While an Instagram feed is the grand spectacle of social media, the bio is the sleight of hand that makes a tremendous difference. AdEspresso is showing us how to write the perfect Instagram bio for your business so your profile will work like a charm for driving the results you want.
- Think About Your Target Audience. Your Instagram account will convey your message to your entire audience – not just a hyper-targeted segment. If you have a varied audience, be sure not to lose anyone in your messaging. If your audience is more focused, then address their interests.
- Define Your Value Proposition. What is your unique offering? Don’t focus on a product. Define why you’re the #1 choice for your target audience for what you do. If another business can accurately claim the same value proposition as yours, then you need to reassess what makes your offering unique.
- Decide What Action You Want To Optimize For. Make clear what you want people to do. If you want them to purchase products, then tell them to browse your shop. If you’re after newsletter subscribers, then direct them to your newsletter landing page.
- Include a Branded Hashtag and Sister Accounts. Show people how to tag you by including your branded hashtag in your bio. Also, include links to your sister accounts if applicable.
- Make Use of Emojis. While your character count is limited to 150 in your bio, emojis are an effective workaround for remaining concise while getting your full message across. There are tons of emojis out there, so odds are one or two of them can save you some characters. Try using emojis to bring attention to your CTA.
Check out the rest of the tips and the examples alongside them.