If you’re in the Instagram game right now, you know that the platform is heavily prioritizing Reels, and investment in short-form video is paying off. For a closer look at what’s working, Socialinsider breaks down the numbers in a recent study:
- Instagram Reels have had a 57.4% YoY growth in usage.
- In 2023, Instagram Reels score an average engagement rate of 1.23%, making it the best performing content type on the app. That said…
“If your insights indicate Reels outperform feed posts, then lean in more to Reels – but don’t go all in on any one type of content,” Jen Herman, Instagram marketing expert
- Reels’ engagement entered a dropping phase, indicating that growth might not remain stable as other platforms compete in the short-form video race.
- Reels generate the highest amount of saves for the smallest profiles. Users save content they plan to return to, so this metric matters.
- Carousels generate the highest number of comments for the smallest and largest accounts.
- Reels is your best bet for virality, due to their reach rate being more than double other types.
- Reels have a 2x higher average impression rate than other types of content.
Check out the study in full over at Socialinsider.