Sup, crew! We know, you read the words “link building” and are ready to tune out. But don’t. For real. Link building is crazy important in digital marketing. But so few marketers do it.
That’s why our dude, Brian Dean, put together a video of backlink techniques that actually work. There’s a lot to cover here so we’re getting into it…
- (01:17) Strategy #1: Link Roundups. You know all those blog posts that publish ‘best of…’ posts? You can land links from those.
- (01:59) To do that, go to Google and type in “Keyword” + “Link Roundup” or “Keyword” + roundup or “Keyword” + “Best of” etc. etc.
- (02:12) The email script Brian uses to pitch his content for roundups.
- (02:36) Strategy #2: Broken Link Building. This is a complex topic so we can’t really fit it all in here. But, it really works. Ahrefs has a good guide to broken link building if you want to learn more about it.
- (04:25) Strategy #3: Build Links from Podcasts. We listen to a ton of podcasts, and one thing podcasts always do is linking to their guests’ websites. This requires a lot of pitching on your part, but it’s possible and worth it.
- (04:54) Strategy #4: Create Branded Strategies. Are you familiar with the Skyscraper Technique? That’s a term Brian Dean made up to describe amazing content. His post on that topic has gotten 9,000 backlinks. So come up with a strategy, give it a unique name, and then promote it in your industry.
- (07:13) Strategy #7: .edu Resource Page Link Building. Links from .edu websites are the holy grail of backlinks. But they’re tough to get.
- (08:36) To get them, find resource pages on .edu websites that your content would be a great fit on. Use these search strings: site:.edu “keyword” or site:.edu “your keyword” + “resources” etc. etc.
- (08:55) This strategy has a really low success rate, but keep at it!
Ahhh, we’re outta room and there’s still 5-minutes to go! Smash the button below to learn all of Brian’s techniques ↓